Saturday, December 21, 2019

Hey, Nineteen

Today Chris and I have been married for 19 years. 

It's been a roller coaster.

Fortunately, I love roller coasters. 

There is no one I would rather be with.


Chris is the kind of person who who loves to go on adventures and who takes surprises and problems in stride.

He is the kind of person who says "Thank you" for everything. "Thank you for folding the laundry", "Thank you for picking up the kids", "Thank you for getting me hot sauce at the store".

He is smart. He can figure anything out given enough time and access to YouTube. If Chris can't fix it, then it can't be fixed.

He loves a good spreadsheet or a new Google product. He's always an early adopter of new technology.

He hates big crowds and awkward personal interactions, just like me.

He loves a good long walk accompanied by a long conversation, just like me.

He can't get enough spicy foods, not like me.

And somehow, even after all the twists and turns of our own personal roller coaster, he still loves me.

And I love him.

No comments: