Halloween gets a little less exciting the older the kids get. This year was especially un-exciting because it snowed.
But Emily got to go to a party and Jane still went trick-or-treating, accompanied by Emily for a short bout.
Emily is Robin from Stranger Things. Jane is her favorite character from Animal Crossing, a sheep named Dom.
Not familiar with Dom? Neither were any of Jane's friends. She didn't care.
And I think we did pretty well. Here is the sheep himself for comparison:
And we've finally reached the stage where the girls can be totally responsible for carving pumpkins. I don't even have to remove guts anymore. This is a fantastic development.
They turned out pretty nicely.
Our neighborhood kids are getting older. It seems that our block used to be full of little kids. Now it's packed with teens. That meant less trick or treaters. That part was a bit sad. But it also meant more leftover candy for me. If I ever turn down a peanut butter cup, the end is near.


No comments:
Post a Comment