Last year, COVID put a damper on Thanksgiving. So this year, we were determined to get together. Plans were made to gather at my parents' house, despite the fact that they are on their mission in London. Everything seemed to be coming together until a few days before Thanksgiving, when Emily got sick. Two anxious days and a negative PCR test later, we breathed a sigh of relief and carried on with our Thanksgiving plans.
I was really bad this year at getting pictures. This is literally the only picture I have of Thanksgiving:
Maybe I didn't take many pictures because I didn't want my mom to know we served Thanksgiving dinner out of cooking pots and tupperware. Not pictured: the Christmas themed paper plates we ate off of.
After dinner, Jane and Lucy put on a Thanksgiving parade. These two girls are the best of friends. They talk or text almost daily. For weeks, they had been having Zoom meetings to plan this parade. The result was an incredible quantity of floats.
Here's just a quick sample:
The "magic" float, featuring wands:
The "shopping" float, featuring Target, Walmart and King Soopers symbols, along with some branded grocery bags.
This parade left Macy's in the dust. It even featured a dance number to Shaquira's "Estoy Aquí".
We were also able to Zoom with my parents, Which was kind of funny because we were in their house. It was good to get together again. Maybe next year, we will be able to be all together again. This was a nice start.



No comments:
Post a Comment