Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Case of Mistaken Identity

Today, just as I was getting ready to walk out the door, the phone rang. Since I wasn't in a hurry, I answered it and even held on the line through the long pause that follows an automated dialer. And I didn't even pretend it was the wrong number when they asked for Christopher or Rachael. It turned out, they had the right number but the wrong idea. Here's how the conversation went:

"Hello. My name is Yolandafaye from the Democratic party. In order to save resources, we have obtained a government contract to check on welfare recipients while conducting our party polls due to the many common members between the two groups. In that vein, I have two questions for you: 1) Do you plan on supporting Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama in the upcoming caucus? 2) Did you receive your government cheese for the month?"

After a moment of shock, I responded, "Um, actually, I'm not a democrat".

"Well, you're really missing out because government cheese is really top notch. Thank you for your time anyway and have a good day, ma'am".

I'm not sure how my name became a part of the the democrat's call list, but I suspect that someone is playing a cruel trick on me. I wish I knew who it was so I could get back at them by signing them up for brochures from the transgendered society. If anyone has a tip for me, it would be appreciated.

P.S. The part about the government cheese is a falsehood, but the part about the poll is totally true.

1 comment:

snowmobiledog said...

Free Government Cheese! And you turned it down? What are you, unAmerican?