Friday, March 28, 2008

To all the drafters I have ever offended

I admit it. I have been known to give drafters a hard time. I have given them huge revisions with no apologies and on one (very tense) occasion, even told one to, "shut up and sit down". To these noble souls, I would like to issue a heartfelt apology. For the last two weeks I have been drafting my own design for a change and have realized that drafting is miserable horrible work.

I'm sorry for acting like the carpal tunnel syndrome was all in your head. CAD work causes you to sit in an incredibly uncomfortable and unnatural position.

I'm sorry for sneaking in early and opening the blinds so I could get some natural light. I now realize that staring at the screen all day gives you a huge headache and excessive amounts of natural light aggravate it to the point that you think your head will explode.

I'm sorry for telling you to, "man up and get my sheets done". I now appreciate all the work that goes into those nasty little lines.

It's true that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone and right now, I'm sitting here wishing that a fairy godmother drafter would drop from the sky and finish my sheets. So, to all the drafters I have ever worked with: please accept my apology and please consider doing some sidework for me in the future.

No comments: