Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A dilemma

This weekend I am attending a wedding which is the fourth for the bride and at least the second for the groom. The bride is in her fifties with some grown children and some at home. The time is getting short and I have still not purchased a gift. What do you bring to a wedding of two independent families who are probably trying to eliminate belongings rather than taking them on?

So far, here are my ideas:



1) One of the crystal bowls I got for my wedding seven years ago and still have not taken out of the box.









2) Their first joint pet. Perhaps a cat.









3) A Dodge Dart with monogrammed seat covers.








That's all I've got. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Really. Please.

3 comments:

Chris Pivik said...

Well, one suggestion would be the drywall scraps from our basement. Who doesn't need drywall scraps...besides us?

Ami Paulsen said...

I really like the cat idea. Perhaps you could start out smaller though. Maybe a goldfish. With either, just we sure to poke some air holes in the box.
On a serious note, I would get them a gift certificate for a dinner. It sounds like they have stuff and enough money, but everyone likes a free date.
Our you could get them a gift certificate for couples therapy, since this is their 7th marriage.

Rachael said...

Thanks, Ami. That's one suggestion a got a couple times so I think that's what I'll do (the dinner, not the counseling).