

Today my blog is going green. Everyone talks about how life changing it is, so I thought I would try it for one day. It is Earth Day today and I am thinking about how much I miss being a student at UW on Earth Day. Every year, the Agriculture fraternity would celebrate by killing several cows and cooking up free burgers and beans for the whole campus. Now, that's a great way to celebrate the earth. What good is the earth anyway if you can't grow tasty cows on it?
Just because I can't have a free burger doesn't mean that I can't celebrate Earth Day in my own way. I am celebrating with a series of small changes. Today I pledge that I will not:
1) Drive Chris' nasty, dirty gas guzzling truck.
2) Spill any oil in any ocean or major waterway.
3) Use any cleaning products or paper towels.
4) Use any toilet paper. (Instead, I am keeping an old T-shirt by the toilet.)
5) Shower.
6) Use a coal burning furnace.

I calculate that by doing this, I will save sixteen butterflies, eight whales and that I will destroy my marriage when Chris comes home to a stinky wife, a dirty house and poop all over his favorite shirt (which I am using as a substitute for toilet paper). We all have to make sacrifices to save the earth. What will yours be?
It has been fun going green today but for the next post I think I will return to black. It is much easier on the eyes.
1 comment:
One word: You're now divorced!
Post a Comment