Monday, April 14, 2008

Two good things

Today two good things happened:

The first was that the drywall guys finished in our basement guest room. It's not that they haven't been perfectly polite and considerate - it's just weird having strangers in your house all day. It has been fun making the neighbors think that I'm having an affair with a guy who drives an Astro Van, but I am so happy to have the house back to myself. Oh - and if I ever did have an affair, it would be with a guy who drives a purple Hyundai. I have a weakness for men who are so secure in their masculinity that they are comfortable driving cars normally piloted by high school girls.



The second good thing that happened was that we finally had a warm day. Emily wore shorts for the first time this year. She braved a bad cold to spend some time in the sun. (By the way, we didn't get a dog - we just had our lawn aerated.) Due to global warming, shorts day came quite a bit later than it has in previous years and that made it even more welcome.

No comments: