I have mused long and hard about how to spent it. Finally, today, as I was buying thread to fix a stuffed sea lion who had been horribly wounded by the washing machine I saw the perfect use for my $1.61. I purchased (drum roll please) a seam ripper. It may not sound like that exciting of a purchase, but I figure that I use my existing seam ripper about once a day and I spend a third of my life looking for it. Since I had the extra cash, I bought a dedicated one for my sewing machine. In the past, I have had to go so far as to try to rip out mistakes with a safety pin
because my seam ripper was lost. This will ensure that I have one on hand every time I make a mistake sewing and will free up my other one for more exciting uses such as:Getting that last bit of grime out from under my fingernails.
Busting into difficult to penetrate shrink wrap.
Taking itchy tags out of shirts.
Splitting crab leg shells.
Not to mention all the time I will save not having to constantly search for a seam ripper. With all that free time, who knows? I might even solve the fuel crisis. $1.61 to break our dependence on foreign oil - now that's a steal.
5 comments:
Glad to see you put that money to good use. I would have purchased a beef grilled stuft burrito from Taco Bell after searching my car seats and desk drawer for the remaining $1.
Gasp! I love seam rippers too. The inventor of the seam ripper must be a billionaire. If I wasn't lazy, I would google it and see what I could find out. Wow, what a good, sensible thing to buy.
Sheesh, a seem ripper is pretty boring.
Loren, I bet you would have been one of the cavemen that said the wheel was boring. You should purchase a seam ripper for yourself. You can thank me after it's changed your life.
With $1.61 I could have bought about 4 CO2 cartridges and 400 BB's for my BB gun, and spent an entire afternoon having fun. Now that's excitement.
Post a Comment