Last week was interesting... to say the least. But it ended on a high note. Thursday, Chris left to take the P.E. exam in Casper. He took said exam on Friday while Jane made her first out of state trip to Brian (Chris' brother) and Virginia's wedding rehearsal in Fort Collins. Emily practiced her flower girl duties and Jane practiced being good.Chris got back late Friday night (If you ask him how he did on the exam, you will get a very non-committal answer) and we caught a few hours sleep before we had to get the girls and ourselves all prettied up and made a very snowy return trip to Fort Collins.
The wedding was beautiful but very, very cold.
Chris was a very dapper best man. (don't worry, folks - it's sparkling cider.)
Emily was outstanding as the flower girl. (Pictured here with the ringbearer moments before the wedding)
Brian and Virginia made a striking couple.
And Jane screamed so loudly and resolutely, you'd think she was being paid for it.
And that is why I have no pictures of the actual wedding. Jane and I had to watch the outdoor wedding from the windows of the bed and breakfast at the location.
Just for laughs: Here is the only existing picture of me at the wedding:
I told Chris I look like I'm about to kill someone and Chris responded with, "You always look like you're about to kill someone". Thus answering the question,"How long do you have to be married before you're totally honest with your spouse?" Answer: 8 years.
But, really, it was a great time. Emily was the life of the party, regaling the guests with her superior dancing techniques.
The cherry on top was this awesome sign I saw on the way into town. I am still laughing.
Congratulations, Brian and Virginia. May you have as happy and honest a marriage as Chris and I do.

2 comments:
I have a very clear image of a guy driving up to that cafe @ 10:15pm and getting his hopes up that he'll be scoring a patty melt.
Then he looks closer at the sign...thinks for a moment in the silence of his car and says, 'sh*t!'
Just the image I carry in my mind and it puts a smile on my face.
Emily is so beautiful. I would have loved to see her dancing. If it is anything like when Brooke dances, I know it was a treat! I can't believe how big Jane is getting! She is also beautiful! If it is any consolation, I feel your pain, in "participating" in family events from another location due to uncooperative babies. They say it gets better, I'm still waiting. :)
Isn't the honesty in a marriage beautiful! Better to be honest, even when it is less than ideal, than always deceiving.
Miss & Love ya!
Post a Comment