I only noticed a few strands of hair on her shirt. Not so bad. Until I looked in the drawer and saw a pile of silky blond hair. The majority had been taken out of the front and side of her hair. I could have just kept it up in a ponytail until it grew out, but I didn't want to mess around with it, so I decided to make a fresh start.
Should I have told Emily that all princesses have beautiful long hair and that she couldn't be a princess since she cut her hair? Maybe not. But I did. Because with Emily it doesn't work to gently reinforce principles and because she's running out of hair to cut.
That's one more rite of passage down. We've already covered several calls to poison control, ripping wallpaper off her walls, picking up baby sister by the head, writing on baby sister's face and cutting holes in a brand new pair of pants. We've still got a broken bone, stitches, getting lost at an amusement park and eating a bug to go. For now I'm going to pretend those things won't happen. Because right now my ability to ignore the inevitable is the only thing stopping me from purchasing a large cage and shutting Emily in until she goes to kindergarten.
5 comments:
Wow, my girl looks even more adorable!
Her new hair looks great!
We haven't gone through hair cutting yet, all the scissors are out of reach. We'll see, I'm sure that I can't be immune to this one either.
I remember when I was 3 and you were 7, I cut all my hair off and hid it behind the chair. Mom was gone and Dad came home and found my hair behind the chair. He picked it up, brought it to me and said "Ami; is this your hair? Did you cut your hair?" Well, I was basically bald, but I still had to try to get out of it. I said "No. That's Rachael's hair. She cut her hair." I really can't remember what happened after that.
Ditto, with one difference. I would keep them in the cage until they're 18.
The haircut looks cute. We have yet to experience this, but I'm sure it's soon in coming because it seems like it's happening all around us! I love the princess comment :). Glad I'm not the only one going crazy with a preschooler.
Post a Comment