Well, recently I discovered a very good reason. Here is a picture taken from the inside of Emily's closet:
Notice the button lock.
It's there because Emily has discovered the secrets behind every kind of childproof doorknob cover on the market and because the second we walk out of her room for nap or bedtime, she immediately runs to her closet and begins the fashion show. 14 ensembles later, she will fall asleep and we will return at the end of nap to find her in an outfit of her own choosing and her room a disaster worthy of being declared a Superfund site.
We tried everything. Punishment, bribing and putting blackout blinds in her room so she couldn't find her way to her closet. Nothing worked. So today, for the sake of saving what little sanity I have left, I switched out her closet doorknob with one that locks from the inside. It worked like a charm. I do, however, question the effectiveness of this lock against axe murderers.
1 comment:
I don't think an axe murderer is a match for Emily anyway.
Post a Comment