Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Rare Glimpse into the Lives of the Natives

Shortly before her last birthday, Emily became obsessed with taking pictures. Since we were a one camera family, we decided to get her her own before she destroyed ours. After several iterations with crappy kid's cameras, we finally got her a regular old Black Friday digital camera.

A lot of her pictures look like this:


And this:

















But on occasion, she surprises us. Her pictures are sometimes not that bad and offer us a view of the world through her eyes.


The other day, I was downloading the pictures from her memory card when I realized that she had given us an especially rare view of her world. Somehow, she had smuggled the camera into her room during nap time. Now I don't have to wonder any more what Emily does when I think she's napping.


She lays on her floor.




Then she turns on her ceiling fan.





And then turns it off.



She strikes a pose.


And then pretends to sleep.


Of course that is followed by her pretending to wake up.


And a little light reading.

When she decides she's done with her alone time, she calls me to come get her and says, "Mom, I had a great nap!"

1 comment:

Chris Pivik said...

I always took Emily's word for it. I never would have thought she wasn't in bed sleeping during nap.