Monday, April 5, 2010

The Thrill of the Hunt

Easter week was very interesting to say the least.

Tuesday was an Easter Egg hunt at the park. It looked something like this:

 
And this:
It was almost 70° that day. We were sure it was going to be a lovely Easter. But then, Thursday, April Fool's day, we had a freak lightning/thunder/snowstorm and so Good Friday looked like this:



Saturday we hoped for the best while we dyed our eggs.

 And filled plastic eggs:


(Emily is being very responsible about filling and Jane is acting like she hasn't eaten for three days)

Easter morning dawned bright and sunny and we celebrated the greatest act of love that mankind has ever known with candy (it doesn't make sense to me either).
And more candy

 
(It's chocolate, folks)

Our hard hours of Easter preparation were rewarded when the kids were able to hunt eggs outside:

And since the dads were in charge of hiding eggs, there were quite a few buried in the remaining snowdrifts.

I am thankful for Easter, for the atonement, for my family, and for the wonderful friends that celebrated Easter with us. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Tomorrow we're supposed to be getting a cold front. The temperature will only be around 74 degrees.

Rachael said...

Thanks, Jen. That really cheers me up. Although if I lived where you do, I would be hot and sweaty all the time. Maybe this is for the best.

And, by the way, yours is one of a couple of private blogs that I do check on a regular basis. Still, I wish Google could figure out that little RSS glitch.