Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sick of Sick

I haven't blogged in awhile. There's a good reason for that. We have been sick. Then sicker. Then a little better. Then sick again. Followed by really sick. And now (knock on wood) we are finally getting less sick. I hope it will stay that way. Rather than take you through the saga of colds, assorted infections and the accompanying antibiotics that have been our lives lately, I think I will blog about the good things that happened between the sicknesses.

First, I got to go to Denver for the day all by myself. I never thought I would want to just be alone for a day, but it really is wonderful to not have to worry about who has to pee and who is sick of shopping and who doesn't like the apple slices you ordered instead of french fries. A day out of town with kids sucks. A day out of town alone is glorious.

That weekend we also had the first smores of the season. Always an occasion for celebration.


And then... sick, sick and more sick. Skip to this past week.



We love the Children's Garden. It is, perhaps my kids' favorite place on the planet. I'm pretty sure I could take up permanent residence in the Children's Garden.

I suspect there must be some kind of magnetic or geothermal anomaly at the Children's Garden because my kids throw 98% less fits per minute within its walls then without.

On the other hand, I was totally sure that taking Emily to the dentist for the first time would result in a huge fit. That's why I put it off til she was 4. It turns out that not only did I have nothing to worry about, she said she LOVED it. Really? Yes. I am not lying.

Hurrah for dentists who cater to kids! Hurrah for the Children's Garden. Hurrah for antibiotics and hurrah for the priesthood blessing that finally helped Jane start to be Jane again!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What kind of fun did you have in Denver?

Chris Pivik said...

great post!

Rachael said...

Thanks, Chris!

Michelle: Maybe I should have included that in my post. I went to the temple alone. I ate lunch alone. I shopped alone (during which I made my first visit to a container store - fabulous). It looks pretty lame in print, but it was really wonderful.