Monday, August 30, 2010

The Big P

Today was Emily's first day of preschool. When I went in to wake her up this morning, she started screaming, "Preschool! Yay! Oh, I'm so excited!".


Once we arrived, she was ready to go and tried to leave me in the hallway.
(She's supposed to be tracing her name here but she's decided to go a different way and color it in instead)

Then as I was leaving the tears started. As hard as it is to leave a crying kid, I knew she would perk up once I left.

And she did once her BFF arrived.

At pickup, of course, I wanted a full report of the day. Kenneth Starr had an easier time getting a full report out of Bill Clinton. Here's what I did get:

  • There was a sandbox incident. Reprimands were issued. Tears flowed. 
  • Cheetos were had (I'm not crazy about this one.)
  • A new friend was made. 
  • Emily has her very own cubby.
  • Paintings were painted.
  • Clay smells weird.
At first she had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that she will only go two days a week; she wants to go back tomorrow. Then she said she never wanted to go back. Now she's back to wanting to return to preschool A.S.A.P.



I think once the dust settles, Emily will enjoy this new stage in her life, Jane will miss Emily less on her preschool mornings and I won't feel traumatized two mornings a week.

4 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

If Emily had her own reality show about preschool, I'd totally watch it.

Chris Pivik said...

I'll use the 'Jack Bauer' method of information extraction... yelling at her until she tells me all.

Kevin and Amber said...

That is cute I bet there is never a dull moment around that one. She seems really spunky. My 3 year old starts preschool next week. Wish me luck.

The Jones Family said...

Congratulations on surviving the first week of preschool! It is such a hard transition, for everyone! I'm glad she enjoyed it, and that she has Kaylee to help her through!