As you know, I promised Emily a trip to Princesses on Ice. I bought the tickets a month ago, before I realized that A) it was conference weekend and, B) the show was playing 50 miles closer the week before. The DVR saved the day on the first difficulty (along with a text my sister sent while I was in a concession line that a temple would be built in Fort Collins) and the second difficulty wasn't that much of a hardship since we had beautiful summer-like weather.
Anyway, Emily had a great time. The excitement began to build as she joined scores of other girls changing into princess dresses in the parking lot.
But then, when the princesses took the ice, it was almost too much. She enjoyed every second.
The halftime show? Sublime. Almost as good as the princesses.
And then, more princesses.
Followed by a spectacular grand finale.
Normally, I wouldn't be thrilled to spend the day watching ice skating princesses, but the company I kept made it a great day.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's great to have some one-on-one time with the kids. I know Emily loved it and I'm happy you took her. Jane and I had a great time, too.
What a joyful thing to do!
#1 I totally thought of you when the temple in Fort Collins was announced. And we both shouted for joy for you!
#2 Too bad there is a random person in the background of that cute picture of you and Emily. Maybe you should photoshop that person out and frame it. It's cute.
#3 One on one time is the best. I'm so glad that it went well!
Where is your princess dress and tiara?
Post a Comment