
As soon as I opened the door, I realized he was a Jehovah's witness. Normally, this would have been quite a vexing interruption, but as he invited me to an Easter service in a pleasant British accent, I found myself suddenly relaxed and smiling. As he left, I thanked him profusely for the flier and bid him a wonderful morning. After I shut the door and looked at the flier in my hand, I realized what had happened. I had been completely disarmed by his accent.
It is amazing how anything said with a British accent is automatically pleasant, intelligent and reasonable. To this end, next time I get pulled over, I am going to try using a British accent of my own,
"Pardon me, officer. I was merely in a rush to my flat as I must get my scones in the oven before tea time. Whilst I was in such a terrible hurry, I failed to notice the light had turned red. Terrible luck, that".
I bet the officer will just smile and tell me to go on my way before he even realizes I've pulled a fast one.
4 comments:
i think not... or maybe yes
Hey Rachael, i like your writing. I think you are very 'true' and honest in your post.
I'm not british (i am sorry) but i did like it. I like your accent too.
Your blog is hysterical, truly some of the best blog writing I have come across. I look forward to reading more. Keep up the good work!
Hallo, gov'na! Blimey. Pip Pip, Cheerio!
Post a Comment