So.... after a long wait I finally have a surgery date. It will be the 22nd of July. Three weeks from tomorrow. It will be followed by 2-4 days in the hospital and then a long road back to awesome. And hopefully freedom from cancer.
Here's why it took so long. (The spirit of these conversations are true, but some of the language is made up)
Call #1 to plastic surgeon's office:
Me: I haven't heard from you for a few days. Do you need anything from me?
Office Staff (OS): No, we are submitting to insurance. We'll let you know when we have a date.
Call #2 to plastic surgeon's office:
Me: So you told me several days ago you were submitting to insurance. My husband called the insurance and they don't have anything.
OS: That's someone else's job. She didn't come in today.
Me: Someone needs to get this resolved. I'm not going in for a tummy tuck. This is cancer. I need this surgery to happen as soon as possible.
OS: We'll let you know.
Call back from plastic surgeon's office:
OS: The doctor has been on trauma call all week. I would have submitted to insurance, but I needed a code. And I couldn't ask him for a code because I haven't seen him all week. I finally, just now, miraculously, after you harassing me, located him so that I could get the code.
Me: Well, I hope you have everything you need now because I'm really anxious to get this surgery.
OS: You have to understand I couldn't do anything- not submit to insurance, not put you on the schedule - until I had this code. This code is like the one ring. Without it I am powerless, but with it I can rule all manner of creatures and schedules.
Me: (silently) You are a lazy, lazy woman. I can't believe you have a job.
Me:(out loud) Well, let me know if you need anything else.
So, July 22nd it will be.
Today my coworkers all wore pink and brought pink food. It was really nice to see their support. I need it, especially considering that they will be the ones picking up the slack when I'm lying flat on my back watching "Parenthood" from the very beginning.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's good news. You could have told the lady that your life was hanging in her hands. Maybe that would move her along a bit.
Seriously, Parenthood is the best. I'll send you some tissues.....it's so good. And watching it back to back-one episode after another is the best way to do it.
Post a Comment